Disneyland with Grandpa

by Carolyn Flynn

In the late 1970's my sister, Jennefer, and I had the opportunity to perform at Disneyland with the Bountiful Stars Drill Team. Grandma and Grandpa met us at Disneyland for the performance and time with them in California. We performed during the Winter season so not only did we get to get out of school, but we had Disneyland mostly to ourselves. It was great! Being the eldest of nine I usually have to be the "big" person, sit in the back and watch over the younger children. But this time Grandpa was the "big" person and I got to sit in front while we went on all the rides together. Jennefer, Mom, and Grandma watched as Grandpa and I went on all the scary rides together riding Space Mountain and the Matterhorn over and over again. It was a blast! I had Grandpa all to myself and that made me feel very special. This is one of my favorite childhood memories.

No comments: